Two-time Grammy winning rock band LINKIN PARK, game developer Artificial Life, Inc. (OTCBB:ALIF) (Frankfurt:AIF) (XETRA:AIF), and Warner Bros. Records announced today the launch of the LINKIN PARK 8-BIT REBELLION! App for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Created by Linkin Park and Artificial Life, Inc., the LINKIN PARK 8-BIT REBELLION! App is a heightened app experience for music fans and gamers alike with multiplayer features.
In the LINKIN PARK 8-BIT REBELLION! App players embark on an epic adventure taking them through six unique districts in the game, each featuring the distinctive style of a band member. The master goal is to retrieve the band's stolen music track -- Blackbirds, a brand new, unreleased Linkin Park song made exclusively for the game. The song is unlocked upon completion of all missions inside the game.
The iPad app renders the adventure with high-definition graphics, and a unique user interface that has been specially redesigned to utilize the iPad's larger screen. Essential functions are now just a touch away, so players never need to pause the action to dig into menus. The iPad app also includes two control schemes, allowing players to choose the setting that best suits their gaming style.
Additional game features include:
- Personalization of players' avatars and apartments provide a unique
- community experience
- Non-player characters (NPCs) inhabit the world, adding drama to the
- gaming experience
- Shopping for virtual items with coins awarded by winning fights and
- completing missions
- Earning trophies for adding friends to the rebellion
- A news feed to stay up-to-date with Linkin Park
- Facebook and Twitter integration connecting millions of social network users worldwide
- Enhanced graphics to allow players to see their avatars and the six
- districts come to life in great detail
- Optimized user interface for the larger screen and makes menu items easy
- to access at all times: equip weapons and change music tracks without
- ever leaving the main screen
- Multiple controls so gamers can choose between two control schemes to
- best fit their playing styles. The iPad-specific D-pad setup has been
- implemented for players more comfortable with button-oriented controls.
"As opposed to putting together an app featuring just our songs and name, we wanted to make this an exciting gaming and music experience and the folks at Artificial Life shared that vision," says Linkin Park vocalist Mike Shinoda. "They were able to turn my sketches and our creative ideas into a living, breathing world that we think gamers and fans will thoroughly enjoy."