The business landscape is one full of rugged terrains. The legal aspects make it even more complex. If you don't have a lawyer in your team, trust you me it is not easy to traverse such a landscape. Most great businesses have fallen from grace to grass just because of legal pitfalls. If this is not where you want your business to go, bring a lawyer on board.
Law is full of jargon and loopholes that a lay person may not understand. If you are a business person, there are some fine details of business law that you may not even know exist. Hiring the services of a lawyer will help iron out such issues. For your business, a lawyer is just as important as an accountant.
The importance of a lawyer in your team includes:
1. In the event of a lawsuit, the lawyer will always be there to ensure that the ground is tilted to your advantage. Armed with great knowledge of the business and the necessary paperwork, the lawyer will help you win the case.
2. Oftentimes when people sign contracts, the focus is always on how they stand to gain rather than on the legal aspects of the contract. Most companies or individuals reap big from breached contracts. Having a business lawyer ensures that your contract is airtight and that you always have the upper hand in the event of any lawsuit.
3. Some tax laws are difficult to understand. It is even more difficult when you break the tax laws. From the beginning, a business lawyer should be able to explain your tax obligations to you. With advice from Jerry Tervino services, you can be certain of being out of court in the event of a tax dispute with the state.
4. As your business or company grows or downsizes, having a business lawyer is a smart move. If you are acquiring other companies, they will help you with the paperwork and ensure that all the legal steps are followed. When your business is experiencing financial constraints and you wish to retrench staff or file for bankruptcy, a business lawyer will ensure that you do it successfully.
5. In the event of personal injury to a client or an employee, most businesses don't know how to handle the situation. Some end up losing a lot of money to schemers who solicit for what they don't deserve. Having a personal injury lawyer on board will ensure that the process of compensation is fair and that you are not ripped off.
You may experience some difficulty when choosing a law firm to charge with the responsibility of looking after your business. While it is cheaper to higher smaller firms, the larger firms will be of greater benefit to you. The larger firms have numerous specialists in different areas of the law. So you will most probably be sorted out without any referrals.
Having a business lawyer is not as expensive as you might think. While you may lose millions of dollars in lawsuits, the lawyer will only need a fraction of that cash to prevent you from losing altogether. Don't wait till you are sued to hire a lawyer; arm yourself with one and you will be safe.