From Robert Moore's Twitter Data Analysis: An Investor’s Perspective:
- Twitter's user growth is no longer accelerating. The rate of new user acquisition has plateaued at around 8 million per month.
- Over 14% of users don't have a single follower, and over 75% of users have 10 or fewer followers.
- 38% of users have never sent a single tweet, and over 75% of users have sent fewer than 10 tweets.
- 1 in 4 registered users tweets in any given month.
- Once a user has tweeted once, there is a 65% chance that they will tweet again. After that second tweet, however, the chance of a third tweet goes up to 81%.
- If someone is still tweeting in their second week as a user, it is extremely likely that they will remain on Twitter as a long-term user.
- Users who joined in more recent months are less likely to stop using the service and more likely to tweet more often than users from the past.