What will be the impact on society, and the impact on stocks, of driverless (autonomous) cars?
Here's a set of resources for investors. Please leave a comment if you think something should be added:
1. The impact of driverless cars
- Will Uber's Autonomous Cars Reshape The Economy? -- Shelby Cardozo
- How Uber's Autonomous Cars Will Reshape The Economy By 2025 -- Zach Kantor
- Tesla Hiring In Autonomous Driving Unit -- uAutoInsurance
- How Driverless Cars Could Reshape Cities -- New York Times
- Autonomous car -- Wikipedia
- Saying That Autonomous Cars Will Kill Millions Of Jobs By 2025 Is Crap -- Jalopnic
2. Technology progress in driverless cars
- Google's Next Phase in Driverless Cars: No Steering Wheel or Brake Pedals -- NYT
- Google driverless car -- Wikipedia
- Driverless Cars Are Further Away Than You Think -- MIT Technology Review
- How driverless cars will work -- How Stuff Works
3. What public companies are saying
- Transcript search for "driverless cars"
- Transcript search for "autonomous cars"
- Transcript search for "Uber"
- Forecasts for autonomous cars -- DriverlessFuture.com
- Road traffic deaths -- World Health Organization
- Infographic of car deaths around the world -- Lifequotes4u
5. Public policy and ethics
- The Pathway to Driverless Cars -- UK Department of Transport, Feb 2015
- The ethics of autonomous cars -- The Atlantic
Disclosure: The author has no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.