- Market Growth Factors & Global Market Size.
- Leading Players & Recent developments.
- Geographic Overview.
Market growth influenced due to following factors-
- Increasing number of dental facilities and the growing pool of dental care personnel
- Growing prevalence of dental ailments.
- Increasing demand for cosmetic dentistry.
- Emerging markets are expected to provide a wide range of growth opportunities for players in the dental sterilization equipment market.
Global market size -
According to research report the dental sterilization devices market is projected to reach USD 1.48 billion by 2023 from an estimated USD 1.08 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 6.6%.
Top players –
The prominent players in the dental sterilization devices market are Getinge (Sweden), Midmark (US), SciCan (Canada), Tuttnauer (US), Planmeca (Finland), DENTSPLY Sirona (US), Danaher (US), Matachana (Spain), A-dec (US), W&H (Austria), Hu-Friedy (US), and NAKANISHI (Japan). New product launches and acquisitions were the major strategies adopted by these payers to maintain their positions in the dental sterilization market.
Top Market Segments-
- On the basis of instrument type, the cleaning and disinfection equipment market is categorized into washer disinfectors and ultrasonic cleaners. In 2017, the washer disinfectors segment accounted for the larger share due to its higher adoption rate, ease of use, and efficiency in disinfecting complicated dental devices through its five-stage procedure of flushing, washing, rinsing, thermal disinfection, and drying of used devices.
- On the basis of type, the consumables and accessories market is categorized into sterilization packaging accessories, instrument disinfectants, surface disinfectants, sterilization indicators, and lubrication & cleaning solutions. The sterilization indicators segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR. This is primarily attributed to the increasing need to monitor the sterilization process to eliminate every chance of cross-contamination in a dental facility.
- The major end users of dental sterilization devices market are clinics, hospitals, and dental laboratories. In 2017, the clinics segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the large number of dental clinics, large number of dental surgeries performed in clinics, and increasing demand for affordable dental care.
Get More Details, Download PDF Brochure
Geographic overview of the market –
APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Asia Pacific countries, particularly China and India, offer significant growth opportunities for players in the market owing to the growing number of dental clinics and hospitals and increasing number of dental surgical procedures. Additionally, the growth of dental tourism and the dental industry is propelling the need for effective infection control in a number of APAC countries such as India, Malaysia, and Thailand.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.