The use of pressure is an advantageous approach to the study of protein structure and dynamics, because it can shift the equilibrium populations of protein conformations toward higher energy states that are not of sufficient population to be observable at atmospheric pressure. Recently, the Hubbell group at the University of California, Los Angeles, reintroduced the application of high pressure to the study of proteins by electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy. This methodology is possible using X-band EPR spectroscopy due to advances in pressure intensifiers, sample cells, and resonators. In addition to the commercial availability of the pressure generation and sample cells by Pressure Biosciences Inc., a five-loop–four-gap resonator required for the initial high-pressure EPR spectroscopy experiments by the Hubbell group, and those reported here, was designed by James S. Hyde and built and modified at the National Biomedical EPR Center. With these technological advances, we determined the effect of pressure on the essential periplasmic lipopolysaccharide (NYSE:LPS) transport protein from Escherichia coli, LptA, and one of its binding partners, LptC. LptA unfolds from the N-terminus to the C-terminus, binding of LPS does not appreciably stabilize the protein under pressure, and monomeric LptA unfolds somewhat more readily than oligomeric LptA upon pressurization to 2 kbar. LptC exhibits a fold and relative lack of stability upon LPS binding similar to LptA, yet adopts an altered, likely monomeric, folded conformation under pressure with only its C-terminus unraveling. The pressure-induced changes likely correlate with functional changes associated with binding and transport of LPS.
High-Pressure EPR Spectroscopy Studies of the E. coli Lipopolysaccharide Transport Proteins LptA and LptC. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319966583_High-Pressure_EPR_Spectroscopy_Studies_of_the_E_coli_Lipopolysaccharide_Transport_Proteins_LptA_and_LptC [accessed Dec 04 2017].
A Leader in the Development and Sale of Broadly Enabling, Pressure-Based Instruments and Related Consumables to the Worldwide Life Sciences Industry.
Medical - Consumer - Industrial Products Company
High Pressure Instruments For Physical & Biological Sciences.
Record Q3 Numbers - Top Line Marks Record Quarterly Growth
- Total Revenue increased 21%,
- Products & Services Revenue increased 21%
- Consumable Sales increased 158%
- Grant Revenue increased 23%
Continued Growth is Expected
- Director of North America Appointed
- North American Sales Staff Filled
- 1st Center of Excellence Established in Asia - Expected to Impact PBI's Expansion in China
- Multiple Presentations Germany, Poland, Ireland Expected to Accelerate Penetration Into Europe
- Newest Patented (UST) Ultra Sheer Technology (2 Patents IssuedHas Been Largely Accepted
- (UST) Allows for Expansion into Larger Markets Nutraceuticals-Cosmetics-Clean Label Foods
- PBI & Phasex Corp announced a strategic collaboration in nanoemulsions technology to work towards the deliverance of unprecedented shelf-stable mixtures of normally immiscible materials that address large and diverse markets in food, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, inks, paint, lubricants and other product areas (INCLUDING CBD Enriched-Plant Oil)
Hallmark Product Barocycler 2320EXTREME
- Finalist in the Prestigious 2017 R&D 100 Awards
- The Turbo Charger for Mass Spectrometry
- New Multi Functional CE Marked Award Winning Barocycler Instrument
For More Detailed Information/Disclaimer - Open
We believe $PBIO is a Long Play - That has since we began covering recently Short Term Gain/Profit running from $3.26 up to $4.15near the close friday 11/24/17.
With Good News and Results, the Continuation of Executing the Organic Growth Plan, We Anticipate the Uptick to Continue.
In Our Opinion a Short Term Target $4.50 is Possible and $5.00 in the Not to Distant Future is Very Attainable.
If you have any questions, need more information, please feel free to contact us/me.
Robert E. Kreh - Principal
Small Cap Solutions, LLC
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.