- A 'make or break' moment for the UK and Europe to reach a Brexit Deal.
- The British Pound has been particularly strong in recent months, in-spite of the UK's economy being particularly weak.
- If there's no deal - anyone really believe there won't be? - the GBP is going to lose a lot of steam, very fast.
- Meanwhile in Hong-Kong, people are having their own version to Brexit.
I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream
"I Have A Dream" - ABBA >>> "We Aim To Fulfil It" - Wheel of Fortune
It takes them years to only-maybe reach a Brexit deal, but only days to approve a COVID19 #vaccine.
The UK's economy is en-route for the worst year EVER.
The strong GBP over recent months (one of the best performers against the USD) certainly ain't gonna help in a much needed recovery, post Brexit.
Nonetheless, if the Europeans and the Britons don't reach a deal - what we see this morning (the British Pound is down 1.5% as I type this) - GBP might move very quickly back to the low-mid 1.20s
UK officials are warning that Brexit talks could collapse in hours unless there is progress today.
A call between PM Boris Johnson to Europe's von der Leyen is seen as a "make or break" moment.
Frankly, we heard these warnings for months, and usually these things tend to "miraculously" resolved at the very last minute, possibly injury time...
Meanwhile, in Hong-Kong, residents aren't waiting for a Brexit deal to be reached and they form their own "HKexit" version.
An Exodus from Hong-Kong into the UK is taking place, with Britain now granting 5 passports to HK residents every minute, on average.
These Hong-Kongers are seeking a refuge from China's tightening grip.
Running to British arms from the Chinese harm?
Wheel of FORTUNE is a one-stop-shop, covering all asset-classes (common stocks, preferred shares, bonds, options, commodities, ETFs, and CEFs), across all sectors/industries, through single trading-ideas and model-managed portfolios.
The extremely-wide scope of the service allows us to cater all types (of investors) and (investment) needs/goals, making WoF a true one-service-fits-all.
Our offering includes, but isn't excluded to, the following:
- Weekly macro coverage.
- Trading Alerts. Over 250 suggestions a year, on average, across all asset-casses, sectors, and industries.
- Trading Alerts Directory, where you track each and every suggestion we ever made, including current data, risk rating, upside potential, and links to the relevant/original articles.
- Funds Macro Portfolio. A plain-vanilla portfolio which is solely based on up-to-25 funds), for those who wish to keep it as simple as possible (This portfolio - which is only a small part of WoF - is what our second service, Macro Trading Factory, is all about).
Join Wheel of FORTUNE to Increase Your Portion!
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.