Today, Oxygen Biothérapeutics announced :
COSTA MESA, Calif., July 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Oxygen Biotherapeutics, Inc. (OTC Bullletin Board: OXBO) today announced that the company has closed on the first $5 million financing tranche with the Vatea Fund, Segregated Portfolio under a June 8, 2009 securities purchase agreement (source)
As a manager of Vatea Fund, Segregated Portofolio, i'm very excited about the long term collaboration we are building between this Biotech and us.
These is just the beginning of a great story.
We have many reason to be confident about the future of Oxygen Biothérapeutics :
- Potential of Topical Product : Wound treatment, Burn treatment, Rosacea, Acne and perhaps more and more usage as Oxygen play a major role in skin treatment.
- Traumatic Brain Injury potential : Oxycyte could be a blockbuster product for Traumatic Brain Injury if all trial goes well. The market ahead is just unbelievable.
- PHIL Laboratory : This Laboratory opens the doors to many other potential usage for Oxycyte : Spinal Cord, Heart Attack etc. This laboratory will allow Oxygen Biothérapeutics to study potential positive effect of Oxycyte on other case then Traumatic Brain Injury. If those study provide positive outcome, it will be a great news for the troops and in general everyone. The potential of Oxycyte is pretty unlimited now and PHIL laboratory will allow the researcher to try to use the full potential of this great product.
- NAVY agreement : The NAVY will finance and study on their side the potential usage of Oxycyte for Decompression sickness. This could mean : A new market for Oxygen Biotherapeutics without the cost of research that will be handle by the NAVY.
- The great quality of the Management and the research team : No one can predict the result of clinical trial. We can only have some assumption and also we can evaluate the potential market looking forward if the trial works. But there is at least one thing we can evaluate, it's the management team and the research team. In the case of Oxygen Biothérapeutics, i have to say that we like a lot the Management and research team, we do believe that it is a top level group that can be value as a great asset to the company and knows how to manage over the long term the company. This is one of the major reason why we wanted to be partner with them and give them the tools and the shareholders stability to develop the company.
There is plenty of reason that justify our decision to be a long term partner with Oxygen Biotherapeutics. This morning news is just the beginning of a great long term growth story that we are glad to be part of.
Disclosure : My Fund owns shares of Oxygen Biotherapeutics