Third Phase of Metropolitan Park Neighborhood
HOUSTON--(CRWENewswire Nov.08, 2012)--KBR (NYSE:KBR) announced today that KBR Building Group has been awarded a contract to construct The Acadia at Metropolitan Park, a 411 unit mixed-use, residential building in Arlington, Va. The Acadia will be the third building to be constructed in the multi-phase Metropolitan Park development, located near Washington D.C. in the area known as Pentagon City. Construction of The Acadia is underway.
Designed for LEED Silver, the 677,154-square-foot, 19-story Acadia will include three levels of underground parking with ground-floor retail. The Acadia is adjacent to the phase one and phase two developments The Millennium at Metropolitan Park (completed in summer 2010) and The Gramercy at Metropolitan (completed in 2008) both constructed by KBR Building Group and winners of project recognition awards for construction excellence.
We are excited about this most recent opportunity to participate in the construction of Metropolitan Park, having collaborated with the projects developer, Kettler, since the inception of this important mixed-use development, said Philip Southerland, President, KBR Building Group. Our previous award-winning work at Metropolitan Park has contributed to KBR Building Groups solid reputation for delivering top-quality, high-rise residential and mixed-use construction projects on time and within budget.
KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
* KBR Building Group, headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., is a diversified construction services company serving industrial, commercial, healthcare and institutional clients in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southwest regions of the United States. Known for its outstanding safety record, KBR Building Group is the exclusive commercial construction arm of parent company, KBR.
* KBR Building Groups regional office in Vienna, Va. is leading construction for The Acadia. KBR Building Group has solid experience in building high-rise residential and mixed-use facilities throughout Metropolitan Washington and the surrounding region. KBR Building Group is one of only 33 firms nationwide, to date, to earn the designation, Certified Green Contractor, from the Associated Builders and Contractors (NYSE:ABC). KBR Building Group was named the No. 1 Overall Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal in 2011 (Large Business/Non-local headquarters category). Regionally, the company has been recognized as Southeast Contractor of the Year by Engineering News-Record (NYSE:ENR).
* Headquartered in McLean, Va., Kettler is also among the top multi-family developers in the nation. The company has developed more than 15,400 apartments and condominiums, five million square feet of commercial space, more than 46,000 homes in 25 master-planned communities and many of the regions premier mixed-use communities. Kettler Management manages more than 19,000 apartments in nearly 90 communities from New Jersey to North Carolina for Kettler and third-party clients.
* The architect of record is Dorsky Yue International (DYI).
* More about The Acadia:
* The first floor features a fitness center with private studio for personal training, mailroom, clubhouse, business center with café, and private conference room for residents.
* The two-tier building provides a swim-deck on the seventh floor featuring an infinity-edge pool with saltwater system, barbeque area, club kitchen, shower rooms and massage room. The 19th floor offers a penthouse clubroom with an open demonstration kitchen to accommodate large groups, as well as an outdoor barbeque area, seating and views of Arlington and the D.C. skyline.
* The three below-grade parking levels include a pet grooming room, bike storage and bike workrooms where residents can fix their bikes.
* The Acadias dog-friendly park is connected to the adjacent The Millennium and The Gramercy, creating a fluid connection for all of Metropolitan Park buildings. Public art pieces will also be featured in the parks in an effort to support the artists.
* Building materials consist of a granite and limestone skin and incorporates an enhanced acoustical package for the whole building.
* The first floor consists of 16,350-square-foot retail.
Zac Nagle, 713-753-5082
Vice President, Investor Relations and Communications
Marianne Gooch, 713-753-3800
Director, Corporate Communications
Source: KBR, Inc.
Read Full Disclaimer at http://www.crwenewswire.com/disclaimer
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.