As a larger and larger portion of our population begins to age senior living facilities should be the next great growth market. This market just may not be discretionary in the future. Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE:BKD) has been having very positive price momentum and was added to the Barchart Van Meerten New High Model portfolio today.
- 100% Barchart technical buy signal
- 15 new highs and up 20.24% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.86% and rising
- Trades around 26.37 with a 50 day moving average of 22.26
- Wall Street brokerage analysts have published 5 buy and 2 hold recommendations for their clients
- Sales are projected to increase by 5.40% this year and 4.80% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 51.50% this year, 181.30% next year and 12.50% annually for the next 5 years
- The Motley Fool CAPS members vote 101 to 26 that the stock will out perform the market
- The All Stars agree by a vote of 43 to 4.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in BKD over the next 72 hours.