As the world wide economies start to recover and women start to loosen their purse strings woman's footware and accessories should be a growth industry and Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO) with its recently acquired of the Betsy Johnson brand should benefit. They look to double their sales internationally this year.
- 88% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter (tm) buy signal
- 6 new highs and up 6.20% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.33% and rising
- Trading around 45.10 with a 50 day moving average of 41.78
- Wall Street brokerage analysts have published 5 buy and 3 hold reports
- Sales are projected to increase by 20.70% this year and 10.00% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 14.60% this year, 12.40% next year and 15.00% annually for the next 5 years
- The CAPS members on Motley Fool vote 200 to 22 that the company will beat the market
- The more experienced All Stars vote 69 to 10 in agreement
- Fool notes that over the year there have been 5 articles written by Wall Street columnists and they have all been positive.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.