Alexander and Baldwin (NYSE:ALEX) can up on my radar when I sorted the Barchart New High list for frequency and noticed the price has been up on all 20 for the last 20 trading sessions. The revenue and earnings aren't that impressive but look what assets are on the balance sheet. The Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/26 at 29.41
Company press release: ALEX "is a premier Hawaii land company, with interests in real estate development, commercial real estate and agriculture. With ownership of approximately 88,000 acres in Hawaii, A&B is the State's fourth largest private landowner, and is one of the state's most active real estate investors. A&B has a diverse portfolio of real estate development projects throughout Hawaii, and a commercial property portfolio comprising 8 million square feet of leasable space in Hawaii and on the U.S. Mainland. It is also the owner and operator of the Hawaiian Commercial & Sugar plantation on Maui, and a significant provider of renewable energy on the islands of Maui and Kauai."
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 20 new highs and up 20.10% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.54%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 34.22
- Recently traded at 35.68 with a 50 day moving average of 30.38
- Market Cap $1.49 billion
- Because we are looking at this stock because of assets and price momentum analysts haven't predicted the revenue stream
- On operations analysts look for earning to increase by 43.90% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 10.50% for the next 5 years
- Analysts have issued 2 strong buy and 1 strong sell recommendation
Exit Strategy: Because this is a momentum look for a sell point if the price drops 10% from your entry point or the price drops below it 50 day moving averages