Yahoo! (YHOO) is the "Chart of the Day". The stock was chosen from Barchart's New High list and was sorted for the highest technical indicators. Except for a very few days YHOO had a Trend Spotter buy signal since September 19th and has been trading above its 50 day moving average. Analysts expect both revenue and earnings to increase next year. As one of the first online navigational guides to the World Wide Web, Yahoo! is one of the leading guides in terms of traffic, advertising, and household and business user reach.
The company has been concentrating on it's core revenue base to become more efficient and last year completed an aggressive share buy back program of more than $2 billion to increase shareholder value.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 23 new highs and up 21.13% in the last quarter
- Relative Strength Index 67.07%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 20.65
- Recently traded at 21.21 with a 50 day moving average of 19.69
- Market Cap - $25.08 billion
- P/E - 17.37
- Analysts expect revenue to increase by 2.50% this year and another 2.80% next year
- Earnings might be down by 6.00% this year but increase 10.00% next year and continue to increase annually by 12.89% over the next 5 years
- Analysts issued 3 strong buy, 2 buy 19 hold and 1 sell recommendation
- If their numbers are correct investors could see a 9% - 11% annual total return for the next 5 years
- Financial strength B++
Sell strategy: Hold until the stock drops below its 50 day moving average.