Botox can make you feel good not just look good
Long Only, Momentum, Portfolio Strategy
Seeking Alpha Analyst Since 2009
Jim Van Meerten writes on financial subjects here and on Barchart Portfolio Blogs and Seeking Alpha. He earned a BS in Accounting and Business Administration from Berry College; a Juris Doctorate from the Woodrow Wilson School of Law; and attended post-baccalaureate and graduate courses in Business Administration, Quantitative Math, and Education at Florida Atlantic University, Georgia State University and University of North Carolina at Charlotte. In the past he has been an accountant, attorney, adjunct professor in Business Law, Accounting and Internal Auditing, financial advisor, supervisory principal, and compliance officer. He also passed the Georgia CPA Exam, the Certified Internal Auditor Exam, and the FINRA Series 7, 24 and 9/10 exams.He is presently also a contributor on MSN Top Stocks Blog, Motley Fool and is a member of the M100 on Marketocracy, an elete honor chosen by the editors of Marketocracy as being in the top 100 portfolio managers of over 100,000 portfoiios they review. He would enjoy hearing your comments at JimVanMeerten@gmail.com.
While I was screening on Barchart for growth stocks having current upward price momentum Allergan (AGN) came to the top of the lists. As I read about the company I discovered that they market Botox not as an injective drug to reduce wrinkles but as a treatment for migraine headaches. I guess if you've got wrinkles you are prone to headaches. A shift of production facilities to Costa Rica may improve the bottom line.
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- 16 new highs and up 13.41% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.80% and rising
- Trades around 79.24 with a 50 day moving average of 73.38
- 18 Wall Street brokerage firms are following this stock and look for double digit earnings growth
- Analysts have released 9 strong buy, 8 buy and 8 hold recommendations. No negative reports have been released
- Sales are projected to increase by 7.00% this year and 8.20% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 14.20% this year, 15.80% next year and 14.63% annually for the next 5 years
- There are 505 investors that have expressed an opinion on Motley Fool
- CAPS members vote 370 to 23 that the stock will beat the market
- The more experienced All Stars agree 127 to 5
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.