Today's Chart of the Day is W R Berkely (NYSE:WRB). The stock was found by sorting the Barchart New High List for frequency. In the last month the stock hit 17 new highs and is up 6.66%. It also has a 96% Barchart technical buy signals and a Trend Spotter buy signal. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/18 the stock is up 10.41%.
The Company is an insurance holding company which operates in all segments of the property casualty insurance business: regional property casualty insurance; reinsurance; specialty lines of insurance; alternative markets; and international. The company's regional insurance operations are conducted primarily in the Midwestern, Southern and Northeastern sections of the United States. Reinsurance, specialty insurance and alternative markets operations are conducted nationwide.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 6.66% in the last month
- Relative strength Index 73.69%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 44.08
- Recently traded at 44.33 with a 50 day moving average of 42.15
- Market Cap - $6.02 billion
- P/E 16.79
- Dividend yield .82%
- Revenue projected to increase 6.50% this year and another 9.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to grow by 11.50% this year, an additional 11.00% next year and continue to increase 9.50% annually for 5 years
- Analysts release 1 strong buy, 8 hold and 1 strong sell recommendation
- Financial Strength B++
Sell if you lose 10% or the stock drops below its 50 day moving average.