One of the true growth stocks that is having upward price momentum even during this slight market contraction isExpress Scripts (ESRX). Even now as revealed on Barchart, while over 70% of stocks are trading below their 20 day moving average this company continues to hold above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving average. They control costs, manage their margins extremely well and have an A financial stability rating. I'd buy this stock on momentum alone.
- 80% Barchart short term technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Trades above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 8.55% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.68% and rising
- Trades around 60.15 with a 50 day moving average of 55.71
- Wall Street brokerage analysts still have positive recommendations released
- Analysts have released 9 strong buy, 13 buy, 8 hold and only 1 negative report for their clients
- Sales are projected to increase by 1.90% this year and 3.40% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 27.60% this year, 23.80% next year and 18.16% annually for the next 5 years
- Double digit earnings growth should always get your attention
- On Motley Fool 888 readers have expressed an opinion
- CAPS members vote 644 to 41 for the stock to beat the market
- The more experienced All Stars agree 191 to 12
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.