The Chart of the Day is Energen (NYSE:EGN). The price advanced in 16 of the last 20 sessions while gaining 18.26%. The stock not only had momentum but also positive recommendations from Wall Street. The stock was near the top of the New High list when sorted for frequency.
The Company is a diversified energy holding company engaged in natural gas distribution and oil and natural gas exploration and production activities. The Corporation's utility subsidiary, Alabama Gas Corporation, is the largest natural gas distribution utility in the State of Alabama. The Corporation's oil and gas exploration and production activities are conducted by its subsidiary, Taurus Exploration, Inc. and its subsidiary.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 18.26% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.48%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 52.91
- Recently traded at 54.98 with a 50 day moving average of 49.60
- Market Cap $3.97 billion
- P/E 18.00
- Dividend yield 1.09%
- Revenue projected to grow 13.10% this year and another 10.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.90% this year, 18.70% next year and continue to increase by 12.00% annually for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy and 5 hold recommendation on the stock
- Financial Strength A
Exit if the price drops below the 50 day moving average