The Chart of the Day is Empire District Electric Company (EDE). The stock hit 19 new highs and is up 9.63% in the last month. It was at the top of the New High List when sorted for frequency. The stock rose 15.48% in the last 6 months.
It is an operating public utility engaged in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity in parts of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. They also provide water service to several towns in Missouri.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 19 new highs and up 9.63% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.60%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 23.84
- Recently traded at 24.02 with a 50 day moving average of 22.42
- Market Cap $1.02 billion
- P/E 17.17
- Dividend yield 4.22%
- Revenue projected to grow 6.00% this year and another 3.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.50% this year. an additional 5.10% next year and continue to increase annually at the rate of 3.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 hold recommendations
- Financial StrengthB++
Hold until the stock traded below its 100 day moving average.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.