The Chart of the Day is Idacorp (NYSE:IDA). The stock was near the top of the list when I sorted the New High List for frequency. 7 new highs and a price increase of 10.66% in the last month is a good sign.
It is an electric public utility company. The company is engaged in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution and sale of electric energy primarily in the areas including southern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. The company relies heavily on hydroelectric power for its generating needs and is one of the nation's few investor-owned utilities with a predominantly hydro base. The company's principal commercial and industrial customers include lodges, condominiums, and ski lifts and related facilities.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 10.66% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.73%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 52.47
- Recently traded at 52.85 with a 50 day moving average of 49.23
- Market Cap $2.65 billion
- P/E 14.79
- Dividend yield 2.89%
- Revenue expected to be up 3.10% this year and another .90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 2.70% next year and continue to increase annually by 4.00% each year for the next 5
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations
- Financial Strength B++
Sell if the stock drops below its 50 day moving averages.