The Chart of the Day is The Andersons (NASDAQ:ANDE). In the last quarter the stock hit 25 new highs and advanced 25.19%. I found the stock by sorting the New High List for frequency and it was near the top.
It is a diversified company operating in three segments. The Agriculture Group engages in grain merchandising, operates grain elevator facilities, distributes wholesale agricultural fertilizer and operates retail farm centers. The Processing and Manufacturing Group includes the processing of lawn and corn-cob based products; the purchase, sale, repair and leasing of railcars; and the operation of automotive service centers.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 20.10% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 88.35%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 65.46
- Recently traded at 66.87 with a 50 day moving average of 56.56
- Market Cap $1.25 billion
- P/E 16.81
- Dividend yield .97%
- Revenue projected to grow 6.50% this year but decrease by .20% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 1.70% this year but increase by 30.30% next year and continue to increase by 12.00% annually for the next 5 years
- 7 analysts at 5 Wall Street firms issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 5 hold recommendations
- Financial Strength B
This company operates with very tight after tax margins so I'd watch the technicals closely and exit if the stock drops below its 50 day moving average.