Today's Stock of the Day is Benchmark Electronics (NYSE:BHE) - an NYSE stock. Today I made sure to stay away from NASDAQ stocks so when I sorted the New High List for frequency I left them off the list. During the last quarter the stock advanced in 29 sessions for a gain of 18.83%
It provides contract electronics manufacturing and design services to original equipment manufacturers in select industries, including medical devices, communications equipment, industrial and business computers, testing instrumentation and industrial controls. They specialize in manufacturing high quality, technologically complex printed circuit board assemblies with computer-automated equipment using surface mount and pin-through-hole interconnection technologies for customers requiring low to medium volume production runs.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 6.92% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.88%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 22.37
- Recently traded at 23.03 with a 50 day moving average of 21.27
- Market Cap $1.25 billion
- P/E 19.43
- Revenue projected to be down 2.60% this year but up 5.50 next year
- Earnings estimated to be down 1.70% this year, up 18.50% next year and continue to grow by 9.98% annually for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 hold and 3 sell recommendations
- Financial Strength B+
OK, this is an odd one. Normally if a stock has projections of rising revenue and earnings plus analysts endorsement it goes up. Here we have a stock that is going up fine in spite of weak revenue and earnings projection and no buy recommendations from analysts. If you get in be careful and watch the technicals especially the 50 day moving average and the 14 day turtle channel for technical weaknesses.