The Chart of the Day is Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB). I found the stock by sorting today's New High List for frequency then used the flipchart function to find a stocks with momentum I like. The stock gained 24.97% in the last quarter and since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/1 the stock gained 10.84%
It is a rapidly-growing operator of full-line sporting goods stores in small to mid-sized markets predominantly in the southeastern United States. Hibbett's stores offer a broad assortment of quality athletic equipment, footwear and apparel at competitive prices with superior customer service.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 10.60% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.34%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 61.53
- Recently traded at 63.14 with a 50 day moving average of 57.02
- Market Cap $1.64 billion
- P/E 21.79
- Revenue projected to grow 4.40% this year and another 8.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 1.50% this year, another 13.40% next year and continue to increase at the annual rate of 14.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong by, 4 buy and 9 hold recommendations
- Financial Strength is B++
The stock recently began upward momentum so watch he 50 day moving average for weakness.