The Chart of the Day is Genmark Diagnostics (NASDAQ:GNMK). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for frequency in the last month, skipped the stocks that didn't have a positive gain for the last week and month and used the Flipchart feature to review the charts, Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/20 the stock gained 11.92%.
It is a molecular diagnostics company focused on developing and commercializing its proprietary eSensor(NYSE:R) detection technology. The eSensor' XT-8 system is the second generation in GenMark Dx's eSensor' platform, utilizing electrochemical detection technology to detect nucleic acids on a microarray. The XT-8 System enables multiplex detection of DNA and RNA targets. The Company has developed four diagnostic tests for use with its XT-8 System. Its Cystic Fibrosis Genotyping Test, which detects pre-conception risks of cystic fibrosis, and its Warfarin Sensitivity Test, which determines an individual's ability to metabolize the oral anticoagulant warfarin, have received FDA clearance. It has also developed a Respiratory Viral Panel Test, which detects the presence of major respiratory viruses, and a Thrombosis Risk Test, which detects an individual's increased risk of blood clots.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signals
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 19.06% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.58%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 12.86
- Recently traded at 13.99 with a 50 day moving average of 12.30
- Market Cap $564.36 million
- Revenue predicted to be up 33.70% this year and another .90% nest year
- Earnings estimated to be up 4.80% this year, flat next year, but increase at an annual rate of 30.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 4 buy recommendation on the stock
- Financial Strength is B
The stock looks good for the long haul but has some volatility so use the 100 day moving average as your exit point.