The Chart of the Day is Newlinks Genetics (NASDAQ:NLNK). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the All Time New High List for frequency in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/7 the stock soared 56.89%.
NLNK is a biopharmaceutical company which focuses on discovering, developing and commercializing immunotherapeutic products for cancer treatment. Its portfolio also includes biologic and small-molecule immunotherapy products used for the treatment of oncology indications.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 62.81% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.45%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 34.13
- Recently traded at 35.85 with a 50 day moving average of 25.26
- Market Cap $921.35 million
- Revenue expected to decrease 34.20% this year then increase by 26.10% next year
- Earnings are estimated to decrease by 15.20% this year and another 30.20% next year
- In spite of those consensus forecasts Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy and 2 buy recommendation
- Financial strength is B
I would not buy into any stock that is increasing in price despite forecasts of decreasing revenue and earnings. If you already own it watch the 50 day moving average for signs of weakness and use the 100 day moving average as an exit point.