The Barchart Chart of the Day is Transcontinental Realty Investors (NYSE:TCI). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort today's New High List for frequency in the last month, skipped any stocks not having positive gains in both the last week and month and then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/30 the stock gained 27.60%.
TCI invests in real estate through direct equity ownership and partnerships and financing real estate and real estate related activities through investments in mortgage loans, including first, wraparound and junior mortgage loans.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 32.39% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 84.85%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 11.11
- Recently traded at 11.65 with a 50 day moving average of 9.21
- Market Cap $97.98 million
- The stock is not followed by any of the Wall Street brokerage houses
- Individual investors on Motley Fool voted for the stock to out perform the market by an 8 to 2 vote
- The more experienced All Stars voted 3 to 1 for the same result
This is a small under followed stock. Please use the 50 day moving average for signals of weakness and the 100 day moving average as an exit point.