The Chart of the Day is NXP Semiconductor (NASDAQ:NXPI). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort today's New High List for frequency in the last month and NXPI was right at the op of the list. Since the Trend Spotter signaled another buy in 1/15 the stock gained 9.03%.
NXPI is a global semiconductor company. The Company designs and manufactures High Performance Mixed Signal semiconductor solutions to meet the requirements of systems and sub-systems in its target markets. High Performance Mixed Signal solutions are an optimized mix of analog and digital functionality integrated into a system or sub-system. The Company's expertise is in RF, analog, power management, interface, security and digital processing products. NXP's solutions are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. The Company claims to provide its customers improved power efficiency, functional performance, miniaturization, quality, durability and adaptability in their electronic systems and application solutions. NXP is based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, with research and development activities in Asia, Europe and the United States, and manufacturing facilities in Asia and Europe.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 15.07% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.62%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 45.99
- Recently traded at 49.62 with a 50 day moving average of 44.57
- Market Cap $12.49 billion
- P/E 18.22
- Revenue predicted to grow by 8.80% this year and another 7.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 25.50% this year, an additional 9.00% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 35.85% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 10 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
Use the 50 day moving average for signals of weakness and the 100 day moving average to harvest any profits.