The Chart of the Day is Western Gas Partners (NYSE:WES). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for new high frequency in last month and then used the Flipchart feature to find the chart I liked. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a high on 2/7 the stock gained 12.17%.
WES is a growth-oriented Delaware limited partnership formed by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation to own, operate, acquire and develop midstream energy assets.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 5.92% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.52%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 66.14
- Recently traded at 68.25 with a 50 day moving average of 63.04
- Market Cap $8.02 billion
- P/E 37.26
- Dividend yield 3.56%
- Revenue predicted to grow 26.70% this year and another 18.70% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 22.40% this year, an additional 13.40%next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 34.82% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 5 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock.
Good long term total return stock. Momentum player will want to use the 50 day moving average as a caution signal and the 100 day moving average to exit.