The Chart of the Day is Dynergy (NYSE:DYN). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list (on a day when there were very few All Time Highs hit) then sorted for the best technical buy signals. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/14 the stock gained 19.25%.
DYN provides wholesale power, capacity and ancillary services to utilities, cooperatives, municipalities and other energy companies in six states in U.S. regions of the Midwest, the Northeast and the West Coast. It operates in three segments: the Coal segment, the Gas Segment and the Dynegy Northeast Segment.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 5.97% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.37%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 24.89
- Recently traded at 25.40 with a 50 day moving average of 22.92
- Market Cap $2.54 billion
- P/E - loss
- Dividend yield - none
- Revenue expected to grow 65.20% this year but decrease by 3.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 98.30% this year, but decrease by 100.00% next year and decrease by an annual rate of 21.22% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy, 4 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock
This stock is shown for a very important reason. Sometime the technical indicators are positive on a stock but when you analyze the underlying fundamentals you see that the fundamentals do not support the technical momentum. This isn't a rational investment situation. Always look at both the technical and fundamental factors. Never just look at one side of the coin.