The Chart of the Day is PPL Corp (NYSE:PPL). I found the chart by sorting the New High List for new high frequency in the last month then used the FlipChart feature to review the charts. The Trend Spotter has signaled a series of buys since the first of February and since the first of the year the stock is up 15.20%.
PPL is an energy and utility holding company. PPL controls more than 12,000 megawatts of generating capacity in the United States, sells energy in key U.S. markets and delivers electricity to customers in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 4.38% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 61.12%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 32.88
- Recently traded at 33.86 with a 50 day moving average of 32.65
- Market Cap $21.33 billion
- P/E 13.61
- Dividend yield 4.47%
- Revenue predicted to be down 3.10% this year but up again by 1.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease by 11.00% this year but increase again by 1.40% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of .67% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 4 buy and 10 hold recommendations on the stock
The stock's price momentum may be a flight to safety signal. Watch the 50 day moving average of signs of weakness and exit at the 100 day moving average.