The Chart of the Day is Empresa Distribuidora Y Comercializadora (NYSE:EDN). I found the stock by sorting today's New High List for Weighted Alpha, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/3 the stock gained 5.60%.
EDN is the largest electricity distribution company in Argentina in terms of number of customers and electricity sold (both in GWh and Pesos). Through a concession, EDN distributes electricity exclusively to the northwestern zone of the greater Buenos Aires metropolitan area and the northern part of the city of Buenos Aires, which has a population of approximately 7 million people and an area of 4,637 sq. km.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 8.91% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.59%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 9.92
- Recently traded at 10.93 with a 50 day moving average of 8.99
- Market Cap $490.76 million
- No Wall Street analysts are presently rating the stock
- On Motley Fool readers vote 80 to 3 that the stock would beat the market
- The more experienced All Stars voted 19 to 0 for the same result
Treat as a technical stock and be out on the 100 day moving average.