The Chart of the Day is Westmoreland Coal (NASDAQ:WLB). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for Weighted Alpha then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/27 the stock gained 6.99%.
Westmoreland Coal Company's principal activities are: the production and sale of coal from the Powder River Basin in eastern Montana; the ownership of interests in cogeneration and other non-regulated independent power plants; and the leasing of capacity at Dominion Terminal Associates, a coal storage and vessel loading facility.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 13.56% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.37%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 30.43
- Recently traded at 32.31 with a 50 day moving average of 29.40
- Market Cap $479.80 million
- Revenue expected to grow 62.20% this year and another 22.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 154.90% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 1 buy recommendation on the stock
Energy, especially coal will be volatile so use discipline and exit at the 100 day moving average