The Chart of the Day is Siliconware Precision Industries (NASDAQ:SPIL). I found the stock by sorting the New High list for frequency in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/11 the stock gained 35.28%.
SPIL - ADR is a broad based comprehensive A/T company that can meet all of its customers IC packaging and testing requirements. Their strong financials and global logistics network mean that they can supply services and support to design houses and fabless foundry globally.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 12.89% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.37%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 8.14
- Recently traded at 8.32 with a 50 day moving average of 7.29
- Market Cap $5.20 billion
- P/E 18.75
- Dividend yield 2.53%
- Revenue expected to gain 13.50% this year and another 6.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 53.10% this year and compound annually by 20.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued a strong buy and a hold on the stock
As always watch Chinese stocks very carefully. The can soar one day and dive the next. Not for the conservative investor.