The Chart of the Day is Canadian Pacific Railway (NYSE:CP). I found the stock by sorting today's New High List of new high frequency in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/22 the stock gained 15.90%.
Canadian Pacific Railway is North America's first transcontinental railway and is the only transcontinental carrier with direct service to the U.S. Eastern Seaboard.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 12.00% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 85.42%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 178.00
- Recently traded at 181.76 with a 50 day moving average of 159.93
- Market Cap $31.93 billion
- P/E 27.78
- Dividend yield .70%
- Revenue expected to grow 7.60% this year and another 7.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 32.60% this year, an additional 23.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 30.40% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy, 8 buy, 10 hold and only 1 sell recommendation on the stock
Is it too late to get on board this one? I don't think so but watch those moving averages and exit at the 100 day moving average.