The Chart of the Day is Scana Corp (NYSE:SCG). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the most frequent new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/14 the stock gained 8.06%.
Scana Corporation is an energy-based holding company whose businesses include regulated electric and natural gas utility operations, telecommunications and other non-regulated energy-related businesses. Scana's subsidiaries serve electric customers in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 14.08% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.53
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 54.72
- Recently traded at 55.75 with a 50 day moving average of 51.07
- Market Cap $7.84 billion
- P/E 14.65
- Dividend yield 3.78%
- Revenue expected to grow 4.80% this year and another 1.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 10.30% this year, decrease 1.50% next year but compound again at an annual rate of 4.65 for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts are extremely mixed with 1 strong buy, 1 buy, 50hold, 1 under perform and a sell recommendation in place.
In light of the analysts confusion be cautious.