The Chart of the Day belongs to Lowe's Companies (NYSE:LOW). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for new high frequency in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled another buy on 10/21 the stock is up 7.88%.
Lowe's Companies Inc. is a retailer of home improvement products in the world, with specific emphasis on retail do-it-yourself and commercial business customers. Lowe's specializes in offering products and services for home improvement, home decor, home maintenance, home repair and remodeling and maintenance of commercial buildings. Lowe's principal customer groups are do-it-yourself retail customers and commercial business customers.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 19 new highs and up 12.15% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.35%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 58.16
- Recently traded at 58.89 with a 50 day moving average of 54.64
- Market Cap $58.73 billion
- P/E 24.42
- Dividend yield 1.57%
- Revenue expected to grow 4.40% this year and another 4.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 21.80% this year, an additional 19.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate f 16.73% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy, 8 buy, 12 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock.
The 20 - 50 day MACD Oscillator has been the best trading strategy on this stock and should be used to find an exit point.