The Chart of the Day belongs to Kroger (NYSE:KR). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the stocks having the most frequent new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart features to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/21 the stock gained 31.31%.
Kroger Company is one of the larger grocery retailers in the United States. The company also manufactures and processes food for sale by its supermarkets. The company intends to develop new food and convenience store locations and will continue to assess existing stores as to possible replacement, remodeling, enlarging, or closing.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 11.13% in the last month
- Relative strength Index 79.65%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 67.84%
- Recently traded at 70.50 with a 50 day moving average of 63.91
- Market Cap $34.62 billion
- P/E 21.18
- Dividend yield 1.07%
- Revenue expected to grow 10.30% his year and another 3.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 18.90% this year, an additional 9.70% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 11.98% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 8 strong buy, 6 buy and 7 hold recommendations on the stock
The 100 day moving average vs. the price has been a reliable technical trading strategy for this stock and should continue to be used for entry and exit point on this stock