The Chart of the Day belongs to Intrexon (NYSE:XON). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the stocks having the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart function to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/30 the stock gained 44.25%.
Intrexon Corporation is a biotechnology company. It provides synthetic biology services. The Company designs and produces modular DNA control systems and applications for human therapeutics, protein production, industrial products, agricultural biotechnology, and animal sciences. Its technologies include the UltraVector gene design and fabrication platform; Cell Systems Informatics; LEAP-cell identification and selection, and mAbLogix-antibody discovery.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Bachart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 17.18% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.29%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 35.91
- Recently traded at 39.95 with a 50 day moving average of 29.21
- Market Cap $4.01 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 181.90% this year and another 114.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 16.40% this year and an additional 62.40% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 2 buy recommendations
- The individual investors on Motley Fool voted 97 to 9 that the stock will beat the market
The Trend Spotter has been a reliable technical trading strategy for this stock and should continue to be used for enter and exit points.