The Chart of the Day is Acadia Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:ACAD). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the stocks with the best technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the stocks. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/10 the stock gained 6.54%.
Acadia Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule drugs for the treatment of central nervous system disorders. Their three clinical programs are ACP-103 for treatment-induced dysfunction in Parkinson's disease, and ACP-104 and ACP-103, both for the treatment of schizophrenia.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 9.00% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.09%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 33.60
- Recently traded at 35.53 with a 50 day moving average of 32.28
- Market Cap $ billion
- Revenue expected to increase
- Earnings losses expected to narrow
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buys, 5 buys and 1 hold recommendation
- Individual investors on Motley Fool voted 271 to 74 that the stock will beat the market
The 50 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator has been an effective technical trading strategy and should continue to be used to signal entry and exit points