The Chart of the Day is Terraform Power (NASDAQ:TERP). I found the stock by sorting the All Time High list for the stocks with the highest technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts, Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/31 the stock gained 17.00%.
TerraForm Power, Inc. is global renewable energy company. It operates clean power generation assets such as solar, wind, natural gas, geothermal and hydro-electricity. The Company owns and operates solar generation assets serving utility, commercial, and residential customers.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 4.88% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.15%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 34.54%
- Recently traded at 36.13 with a 50 day moving average of 33.01
- Market Cap $1.11 billion
- Revenue predicted to increase by 275.10% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy,4 buy and 1 hold recommendation
- The individual investors on Motley Fool voted 7 to 0 that the stock will beat the market
I suggest you use a moving stop loss 10% below the recent high as an exit point.