The Chart of the Day belongs to SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ:SIVB). I found the chart by sorting today's All Time High list for the stocks with the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/30 the stock gained 12.32%.
SVB Financial Group is an international financial services holding company serving the technology, life science, private equity and premium wine industries primarily through the following subsidiaries: Silicon Valley Bank, SVB Capital, SVB Global Financial Services, SVB Alliant, SVB Securities, SVB Asset Management, SVB India Advisors, SVB Europe Advisors.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 8.41% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.23%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 137.86
- Recently traded at 142.51 with a 50 day moving average of 131.42
- Market Cap $ 7.28 billion
- P/E 25.96
- Revenue expected to grow .50% this year and another 10.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 12.60% this year, an additional 17.10% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 10.75% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 8 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
Most of the technical trading strategies caused excessive trading so I'd advice you to use a trailing stop loss 10% off the most recent high to protect gains.