The Chart of the Day belongs to Installed Building Products (NYSE:IBP). I found the building contractor stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list for the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/2 the stock gained 21.80%,
Installed Building Products, Inc. operates as a residential insulation installer in the United States. The Company also installs complementary building products, including garage doors, rain gutters, shower doors, closet shelving and mirrors. It serves home builders, multi-family and commercial builders, individual homeowners, and repair and remodeling contractors. Installed Building Products, Inc. is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Weighted Alpha of 131.00+
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 12.44%
- Relative Strength Index 70.25%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 24.46
- Recently traded at 27.50 with a 50 day moving average of 23.41
- Market Cap $861.81 million
- P/E 47.26
- Revenue expected to grow 25.70% this year and another 17.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 87.00% this year, an additional 47.50% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 68.13% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
The 100 day moving average vs the price has been an effective technical trading strategy for this stock.