The Chart of the Day belongs to Intrexon (NASDAQ:XON). I found the biotechnical stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list for the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/14 the stock gained 24.11%.
Intrexon Corporation is a biotechnology company. It provides synthetic biology services. The Company designs and produces modular DNA control systems and applications for human therapeutics, protein production, industrial products, agricultural biotechnology, and animal sciences. Its technologies include the UltraVector gene design and fabrication platform; Cell Systems Informatics; LEAP-cell identification and selection, and mAbLogix-antibody discovery. Intrexon Corporation is based in Germantown, Maryland.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Weighted Alpha of 178.22+
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 32.05% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.48%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 52.65
- Recently traded at 62.34 with a 50 day moving average of 48.25
- Market Cap $6.54 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 144.70% this year and another 26.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 91.60% this year but decrease by 514.30% next year
- Despite the poor earnings estimate Wall Street analysts have 1 strong buy, 3 buy and 1 hold recommendation in place
The Trend Spotter has been a very reliable technical trading strategy for this stock.