The Chart of the Day is York Water (NASDAQ:YORW). I found the water supply stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks for the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/15 the stock gained 5.28%.
The York Water Company impounds, purifies and distributes water. They are regulated by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission in the areas of billing, payment procedures, dispute processing, terminations, service territory, and rate setting. They must obtain PPUC approval before changing any of the aforementioned procedures.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 9.26% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.26%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 24.59%
- Recently traded at 25.60 with a 50 day moving average of 23.54
- Market Cap $ 329.47 million
- P/E 25.33
- Dividend yield 2.41%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.80% this year and another 3.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.50% this year, an additional 6.50% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 4.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 hold recommendations on the stock
None of the regular technical trading strategies worked on this stock. This is not a trading stock but should be held as long as it keeps increasing it's revenue, earnings and dividend.