The Chart of the Day belongs to McDonalds (NYSE:MCD). I found the mega fast food stock by using Barchart to sort the All Time High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month. then for technical buy signals above 80%, Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/9 the stock gained 7.10%.
McDonald's Corporation develops, operates, franchises and services a worldwide system of restaurants that prepare, assemble, package and sell a limited menu of value-priced foods. The company operates primarily in the quick-service hamburger restaurant business. All restaurants are operated by the company or, under the terms of franchise arrangements, by franchisees who are independent third parties, or by affiliates operating under joint-venture agreements between the company and local business people.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 9.28% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.69%
- Technical support level at 126.50
- Recently traded at 128.03 with a 50 day moving average of 121.01
- Market Cap $117.57 billion
- P/E 25.27
- Dividend yield 2.79%
- Revenue expected to decrease 5.00% this year and another 6.00% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 8.60% this year, an additional 11.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 9.70% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 9 buy 14 hold, and 2 under perform recommendations on the stock
The 20-100 Day MACD Oscillator has been a reliable technical trading strategy for this stock.