The Chart of the Day belongs to Fresh Del Monte Produce (NYSE:FDP). I found the agricultural operations stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest frequency of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/1 the stock gained 23.84%.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. is a world leader in the production, distribution and marketing of fresh produce. The products are marketed throughout the world under the DEL MONTE brand name and is a widely recognized symbol of product quality and reliability. The major products are bananas, pineapples, deciduous fruit and melons. The deciduous fruit the company sells includes primarily grapes, plums, nectarines, peaches, apricots, cherries, apples, pears and citrus.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 20.49% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.07%
- Technical support level at 50.22
- Recently traded at 50.86 with a 50 day moving average of 43.86
- Market Cap $2.60 billion
- P/E 15.77
- Dividend yield .99%
- Revenue expected to grow 1.80% this year and another 2.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 49.60% this year, decrease 11.60% next year but compound at an annual rate f 7.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 buy recommendations on the stock