The Chart of the Day belongs to US Silica (NYSE:SLCA). I found the mining stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stock first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/3 the stock gained 30.04%.
U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc. is a producer of industrial minerals, including sand proppants, whole grain silica, ground silica, fine ground silica, calcined kaolin clay and aplite clay. The company also operates as a research and development specialist for customized products and solutions. The industries and applications served by U.S. Silica includes oil and gas, glass, chemicals, foundry, building products, fillers and extenders, recreation, industrial filtration and treatment, and testing and analysis. U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc. is headquartered in Frederick, Maryland.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 14.25% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.86%
- Technical support level at 46.21
- Recently traded at 48.10 with a 50 day moving average of 41.12
- Market Cap $3.05 billion
- Dividend yield .53%
- Wall Street analysts issued 9 strong buy, 1 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
- Earnings are expected to compound at an annual rate of 87.90% for the next 5 years
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 213 to 6 that the stock will beat the market