The Chart of the Day belongs to Supernus Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:SUPN). I found the generic drug stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first for the highest number of new highs in the last month. then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/11 the stock gained 20.51%.
Supernus Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing products for the treatment of central nervous system diseases. It is developing several product candidates in neurology and psychiatry to address opportunities in epilepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Supernus Pharmaceuticals Inc. is based in Rockville, Maryland.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 25.66% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.87%
- Technical support level at 38.86
- Recently traded at 40.60 with a 50 day moving average of 33.31
- Market Cap $2.0 billion
- P/E 39.05
- Revenue expected to grow 31.40% this year and another 27.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 54.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 27.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 string buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock