The Chart of the Day belongs to Federated Investors (FII). I found the investment management stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy n 11/28 the stock gained 14.14%.
Federated Investors, Inc. is a provider of investment management and related financial services. Federated sponsors, markets and provides investment advisory, distribution and administrative services primarily to mutual funds. These funds are offered through banks, broker/dealers and other financial intermediaries who use them to meet the needs of their customers; these customers include retail investors, corporations, and retirement plans.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 17.69% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.09%
- Technical support level at 35.82
- Recently traded at 36.25 with a 50 day moving average of 32.10
- Market Cap $3.65 billion
- P/E 16.90
- Dividend yield 2.82%
- Revenue expected to decrease by 3.20% this year but increase again by 3.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 5.40% this year, an additional 2.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 4.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 hold, 2 sell and 1 strong sell recommendation on the stock