The Chart of the Day belongs to Penn National Gaming (PENN). I found the gaming stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 8/31 the stock gained 38.80%.
Penn National Gaming, Inc. owns, operates or has ownership interests in gaming and racing facilities and video gaming terminal operations with a focus on slot machine entertainment. They have also recently expanded into social online gaming offerings via Penn Interactive Ventures, LLC division and recent acquisition of Rocket Speed Inc.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 127.67+ Weighted Alpha
- 96% technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 11.98% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.71%
- Technical support level at 30.71
- Recently traded at 30.81 with a 50 day moving average of 27.22
- Market Cap $2.86 billion
- P/E 41.76
- Revenue expected to grow 2.30% this year and another 3.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 645.90% this year, decrease by 85.50% next year but have a compounded annual increase of 5.10% over the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 5 buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock