The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to Medifast (MED). I found the health product stock by using Barchart to sort the Top 100 Stocks list first for the most frequent number of new highs on the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/4 the stock gained 22.68%.
Medifast is a leading manufacturer and distributor of clinically proven healthy living products and programs. It is the brand recommended by more than 20,000 Doctors. Medifast produces, distributes, and sells weight loss and other health-related products through websites, multi-level marketing, telemarketing, franchised weight loss clinics, and medical professionals. The company launched OPTAVIA, an exclusive brand and product line sold through its community of independent Coaches who offer support and guidance to their Clients. In partnership with OPTAVIA Coaches , franchise partners, resellers and its Scientific Advisory Board, Medifast offers comprehensive wellness products and programs that focus on creating sustainable change by helping people learn to incorporate healthy habits into their lives.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 239.29+ Weighted Alpha
- 250.94% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 54.00% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 84.66%
- Technical support level at 145.87
- Recently traded at 149.01 with a 50 day moving average of 111.14
- Market Cap $1.77 billion
- P/E 52.43
- Dividend yield 1.31%
- Revenue expected to grow 32.70% this year and another 23.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 61.60% this year an additional 27.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 18.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock